Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The First Ones


Baby Set



These are the first items I knitted last summer for my brother and sister-in-law's baby. Unfortunately, they'll never be worn by my nephew but I'm hoping to pass them onto another baby.


Baby booties, too!


I really liked making these booties but I also made some for a boy!

These are the things that inspired me to take my knitting to new lengths! (Pardon the pun.) Now that I've got the bug, I've started the Master Knitter's program and I'm going to Ireland next week to study Aran knitting with a woman on the Aran Islands. How exciting!

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for my belongings to arrive from the Arctic. The bulk of my knitting supplies are in there, along with so much more, at least that's the excuse I use when I'm out shopping for more yarn, patterns, etc!

Take good care, M

1 comment:

H. R. Miller said...

Hi. I was posting an update on a blog I keep for a community organization and I noticed your blog's name. I work for National Spinning Co., the parent of Caron International, a leading supplier of yarn and craft kits. You may wish to check out our site, http://www.caron.com or the site of the Craft Yarn Council, of which we are a member, http://www.craftyarncouncil.com. KEEP ON KNITTING!
Regards, Bob Miller