Monday, July 26, 2004

In the beginning . . .

I was just trying to get better at knitting. I've been knitting since the age of 6 but never really tried anything more challenging than a stockingnette stitch sweater.

About a year ago this all changed. My brother and sister-in-law announced the pending birth of their first child and I decided that I wanted to make a baby sweater and blanket. What a wonderful surprise! These were the most gratifying items I'd ever made. They went together so easily and they are so adorably cute. They also elicit many "oohs" and "aahs" from all and sundry, myself included.

Since then, I've discovered many knitting-related things for the first time: knitting magazines, knitting patterns online, new yarns, knitting guilds, knitting groups, knitting programs, knitting blogs, etc, etc. I am amazed by the resources out there.

Now I am hooked on knitting more than I have ever been hooked on it before. I have tried so many crafts over the years and I have enjoyed almost every single one of them immensely. But I have come back to my first love, knitting, and have renewed my enthusiasm for it with sparks flying.

So it looks I'm joining the online community by adding in my two cents worth of commentary. In the meantime, I still have to figure out all this blogging stuff and I'm sure to stumble along the way. Whatever it turns out to be, good, bad, useless or profound, I hope it contributes in some way, if only to my own understanding of knitting and the internet.

Take good care, M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Michele, this is soo cool. And, I get to post the first comment du jour! Of all people - it is me, who does not really knit, but can appreciate the real art. Good luck with the trip to England/Ireland, with the new projects and the the Master Knitter course. Your work here is spectacular! Martyna