Saturday, July 31, 2004

Other Crafts I Have Done This Year


Maeg's Quilt


I made this quilt for my best friend's daughter, Maegan. It's a "raggy" quilt (note the ruffled edges) and I just fell in love with the sample in the quilt shop at Easter.

These quilts go together so easily and quickly that I call them my "12 hours quilts" because from first cut to final wash, they take 12 hours or less. I wound up making 3 of them between Easter and the end of June - one for Maeg, one for Lillian and one for Darby. They also get lots of "oohs" and "aahs" from crafters and non-crafters alike. I don't think I'll ever make another kind of quilt again!


Learning to bead!


Living in the Arctic last winter, I was taught traditional beading by the Dene women of the community. Many thanks to my wonderful teachers of Deline, NWT.

I made this wallet for my Aunty Shelly.

In addition to these new things I've tried, I've also done a lot (lot, lot, lot) of knitting this year. I've been going around trying to get some photos of the things I've finished and given away already. I'll post more of them once I get them collected.

Until then, take good care, M

No comments: