Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Sara's Shawl


Saracat on her knitting shawl!



Sara loves that shawl! This is before it's even finished!


This is my cat, Sarafina Nel, aka Saracat, Sarabear, Sarasoda, Sassycat, my girl, Bossy cat, Queen of her own planet.

Sara doesn't usually interfere with my knitting, although she has been known to steal a ball of yarn for playing now and then. However, she loved this project. It's really just an extra long shawl that I made while living in the Arctic last winter. She loved it and as soon as I put it down, she was asleep on it. Once it was long enough, she would sleep on it while I was knitting it. So now we call it Sara's shawl.

I made this piece out of my scrap yarn. I had taught a group of kids at school how to knit and was trying to show them all the different things they could make. This project was really just to keep me warm while I was sitting on the couch knitting but it turned into an epic that was talked about all over town.

It was just one of those things that grew into legend and will now have to live in our family forever after. At the moment, it is still in transit (after a month) and I'm sorry I packed it because Sara would have probably appreciated it while we were getting settled into our new house. Next time, I'll know better!

Take good care, M

No comments: