Sunday, August 01, 2004

Projects Past

These are some of the projects I made over this past winter while living up north. I was very inspired by the winter weather and by the enthusiasm of the kids in my knitting club.


Specialty Mittens!

These mittens were made for my friend, Terry, who has very small hands. I modified the pattern so the wrist, the thumb and the length were all just right for her. I also had a blast working with the boa in the mittens. They are very soft!

I've also made a specialty pair for Scott because he has very large hands, though his mittens are not made with boa.


Maeg in her Caribou Hat!

This is Maegan modeling her hat. It only took me a day to make and I love the shape of it. Although the pattern calls it a reindeer hat, where I was living last winter, it is unmistakably a caribou shape!


Mussy's Christmas Sweater

This is Terry's dog, Mussy, showing off the sweater I made for her. It was a pretty hot day in July when she was modeling it so she looks less than thrilled to have it on. However, I'm not sure she likes to wear any kind of sweater so she may never look thrilled to wear it.


Nordic Socks for Gloria!

This pair of socks is for my friend, Gloria. She asked for a pair in these colours (blues and grey) after she saw me making a pair for my brother in greens and blues. I was honoured that she asked me to make something for her.


A Dozen or So Scarves!

I love the wonderful boa, fun fur and eyelash yarns (among others) that are around these days. They knit up so quickly into scarves. I think I made one for everybody I know just so I could work with the fantastic colours.

I'm off to England and Ireland tomorrow to visit with family and to do an Aran Knitting workshop on the Aran Islands. I hope to have access to a computer so I can post and maybe even upload some pictures. Just in case you don't hear from me for three or so weeks,

Take good care, M

No comments: