Saturday, September 25, 2004

Non-knitting projects on the go

I know I'm supposed to be studying but the Vinyl Cafe is on the radio right now and I'm listening to it, no matter what else needs to be done! I missed most of the broadcasts last year because I couldn't always receive it up north or I was busy at school, etc.

So while I'm avoiding studying, I thought I would work on this, listen to the radio and maybe get in a couple of more rows on the latest dish cloth - it is an hour long show, you know.

This post is showing some of the non-knitting projects that I've started but haven't finished yet. I'm not including them under my new sidebar header of projects in process because, well, their not knitted. I'd like to tell you that I've started them all recently, maybe even this year, but I'd be lying. I'll explain as I post the photos.


One of a pair of beaded uppers for moccasins

This beading project I did actually start this year. I was a little sick of knitting last winter when I was living up north so I decided to put down the knitting needles and pick up a beading needle instead. This isn't the best rendered upper you'll ever see but I'm still quite proud of it.


Kaffe Fasset Quilt

I started this quilt about four years ago. I know that seems excessive but it's been in storage for three years now. Most of my belongings have been in storage since 2001 when I went back to school and no longer had an apartment to myself. It's a Kaffe Fasset design that I learned in a quilting class at a local shop. I intend to finish it before the end of the year. Wish me luck with that.


Shell Afghan

This afghan was started two years ago. It's crocheted and I'm not especially good at crochet so this project gets picked up and put down again too often. I do like the look of it, though, and so I've never given up on it completely. I got the pattern out of a book by Vanna White, of all things. Normally I don't do celebrity-endorsed things but the book was in the bargain section of Chapters several years ago and I liked a few of the afghans she presents in it. So I guess the lesson here is "never say never."

Okay, I think that's all I've got for unfinished non-knitting projects. I'll probably get several other things started and finished before I complete these but they are on my list of things to do. So many projects, so little time. (Hmmm, I think I might have to make that my tag line.)

Have a great day and check back for more updates on the saga of the continuing dish cloths. Until next time, take good care, M


No comments: