Sunday, October 10, 2004

Hopelessly uncool

That's me. I am hopelessly uncool when it comes to the knitting webworld. I can't keep up with all the fantastic blogs out there. And so many of them seem to have created a really closeknit (hah, another pun!) online community for themselves. I am just completely out of the loop, no matter how many webrings I belong to.

I can sit and read blogs for hours and hours. I think I currently have almost a hundred on my favourites list. It's impossible to keep up with all that reading, plus study, plus knit, plus live my life.

I am totally intrigued by knit-a-longs but have no idea how they work (I need to find out more about Rogue, though, as I'm drooling over it). I love the idea of the Secret Pals and Random Acts of Kindness webrings but am a little lost as to how to work that, as well. So many sites, so little time.

And then there's the knitting nights and fibre shows and, and, and . . . I am so drawn to all these things but I have a burning question: How does one hope to fit all of it in?

I guess, for the most part, I'm too scattered these days to really become immersed in the online knitting life. I already feel like I've spent so much time on my blog and the web and not nearly enough time on my studies or my knitting. Not that I'm going to stop - oh, no, don't be silly. I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed.

For those of you who actually read this blog, you might notice that I've added another Christmas present to my In Process section. Of course, as usual, I can't say much for now but I can tell you it's something I've never tried before and it's proving enough of a challenge to keep me very interested in it. I'm making it with Smart Wool from Norway in a gorgeous blue with yellow, green, and red flecks through it. Mmm, nice and soft, too.

I already feel better just being able to talk about my knitting project. How dependent am I on sharing my knitting news?! I had no idea when I started this thing that it would take on such importance in my life. Should I be worried? Should I be seeking help for my addiction? Too bad, not time for that either!

No plans for Thanksgiving for us. This weekend has about half a dozen birthdays in our family so we've never really celebrated the traditional Thanksgiving like other people. That being said, my mom, who has a birthday tomorrow, isn't even in town this weekend. She's off visiting her new grandson, my nephew, for the holiday weekend. I would have gone, too, but I have two midterms this week. Waaaah!

Okay, I guess that's all I have to whine, cry and bitch about today. I sure do feel better for it, though. Thanks for that.

Until next time, take good care, M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Totally hear ya on reading other people's blogs and then feeling like....uh, ...ah....hmm....man oh man I just can't keep up! Then there's the time to update the blog, live your life and all the rest of it. I hear ya on all counts!
ha!
Noticed you're in Vancouver. Love that town.
Cheers and happy knitting!
Share
http://bubblebabble.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

You know what? Sometimes I feel exactly the same way. Especially when I find so many bloggers who are real-live-in-person friends. I don't think you can hope to ever keep track of them all, you'll find a niche in time.

Steph
(Yarn harlot)