Monday, October 25, 2004

I Love Knitting Socks

Another entry in the "I Love" chronicles. I know that many knitters are not interested in making socks. The very idea of turning a heal gives them nausea. For me, I love it.

I learned to make socks a few years ago, after knitting for nearly 30 years. My mom taught me how to turn the heal properly. Below is the pattern book that I use the most often. It was my first and it's still my favourite when I need a good place to start with a sock idea.




I like making socks because they knit up very quickly. I like them because they are a wonderful gift to give someone you care about. I like to use funky yarns and different designs to make them interesting and fun to wear. I like that people who don't knit are so very impressed with handmade socks.

The tragic thing is that I've never made a pair for myself. I have purchased some fantastic yarns for myself to do this but someone always asks me to whip up a pair for them. I pass them on without replacing them for my sock drawer. Hmmmmm, maybe it's time to start another pair for me. I feel an inspiration coming on.

Until next time, keep your toes warm, M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're such a nice knitter... I think it's time you pamper yourself a little. I'll be waiting to see what socks you make.

Pioggia