Thursday, October 14, 2004

Midterm Exam Tomorrow

So I'm updating my blog instead of studying! What can I say? I needed a break!

I've been working a little bit on the template for the blog this morning. I added a couple of links. I love the Bad Ass Knitter button from Wendy Knits. But I really love the Vote button from Knitters Against Bush. I feel so strongly about voting and I get so frustrated with people who don't take the time to do so.

I'm hoping to add some more links to other Brilliant Blogs this week, too. I have such fun reading through them and then I run out of time before I add them to my list. There are so many that it's easy to do. I promise I'll get to it so you can see what I read in blog world.

Knitting is going well after a couple of false starts. I was getting frustrated with one of the Christmas presents so I pulled it apart and started over. Now I'm almost half done and feeling much better about it. Which reminds me, does anybody know how to install the progress bars? I found them but I can't seem to get them to work?

I'm changing my mind about the other Christmas present, as well. I don't like the way it's turning out so I have to come up with an alternate plan. I decided to take a breather from the frustrating projects and follow Share's example at KnitAddictions and I quote, "When in doubt, make a scarf!" Here's a picture of the droolable (it's my new word) fantasy yarns that I bought in New York in the summer.

Droolable Fantasy Yarns

Reuben had a skin irritation earlier this week. The initial spot wasn't that bad but then he kept licking and licking it. By the time I noticed it, he had licked himself raw. So I treated it with a salve and made him wear a t-shirt for three days until it healed. He wasn't thrilled with it at first but he's such a good natured boy that he soon accepted it. Here's a photo to show my cute t-shirt guy.

What a fashion statement!

And just to keep things fair, here's a photo of my Sara, looking like the queen she thinks she is.


Queen Sara

Okay, I should get back to the studying thing, I guess. It's my paleontology class and I feel pretty prepared but I can always use more review. I also have an exam in my oceanography class on Monday so I should put some time into that as well. I'll let you know how they go once I get the marks back.

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, take good care, M

No comments: