Sunday, November 21, 2004

I Am In Love!

It's early days still but I can honestly say that I am head-over-heels in love. Maybe it's just infatuation but I think it may be the real thing. I can hardly stand being apart. I could hardly tear myself away to do a blog entry.

You know how it is in the beginning, right? You don't want to take time away to eat or sleep. You stay awake into the wee hours and can't wait to be back together again the next day. You think of the one you love last thing at night and your first thoughts of the day are the same. You dream about your future together in between.

Oh come on! We all do it! We just don't all admit it, especially as we get older. I personally feel like an excited teenager again in the first blush of a major crush.

We stayed in bed most of yesterday, all curled up, watching movies and whiling away the hours. It was heavenly bliss.

Look I have a picture! Maybe you can see why I'm so wrapped up.


Yes, my passion is for Zara's Merino Extrafine. Oooooohhhhh! It's so soft and so easy to work with. I can't believe I haven't discovered it sooner.

I picked these up in New York this summer at The Woolgathering on East 84th. The owner of the store was so warm, welcoming and funny. She warned me that I would fall for this stuff and was surprised I hadn't tried it yet.

I feel like a yarn virgin. How can wool give me so much pleasure? I may never knit with anything else again. I already have a list of things I want to make with the left overs.

I love the colours together as I'm knitting them up even more than I did when I chose them. I'm using them to make a Christmas gift for my gorgeous nephew. (See gratuitous cutitude shot below!)


I can't take it anymore. I have to get back. Too long away and I go through withdrawl. Not all addictions are bad, right? I'll be able to control this one right? Sure, sure, good luck with that!

"I may be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it." (Spike, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

Ain't love grand, M

No comments: