Saturday, November 27, 2004

Maestro, Some Perspective Please

15 years ago today, I was…
1. 22 years old
2. starting my first year of university
3. in the throws of a new love affair

10 years ago today, I was…
1. back in university in Vancouver
2. just home from Costa Rica where I did an amazing field class
3. suffering from severe Seasonal Affective Disorder

5 years ago today, I was…
1. managing an accounting department
2. madly in love
3. in Paris on holiday

3 years ago today, I was…
1. in the first semester of my teaching degree
2. living in Burnaby with my Mom
3. wondering what I had done by giving up my accounting job

1 year ago today, I was…
1. teaching Kindergarten/Grade 1 in the Arctic
2. getting ready for our Christmas concert
3. without a voice because I had laryngitis for the second, but not last, time that year

So far this year, I have…
1. completed my first year of teaching
2. travelled to New York and Ireland for the first time
3. done more knitting than in the previous 30 years of my knitting life

Yesterday, I…
1. had a job interview
2. worked on my Think Pink knitalong project
3. had sushi for supper

Today, I…
1. am trying to figure out what I'm doing with the rest of my life
2. am studying for upcoming exams
3. am thinking of warmer places to go

Tomorrow, I…
1. will do some housework
2. will do some more studying
3. will celebrate the freedom I have to choose how everyday will look from here to eternity

(Gratefully stolen from http://crisps.motime.com/, who stole it from somebody else, who stole it from somebody else, and so on, and so on, . . . )

2 comments:

Rex Mottram said...

Thank you for your perspective on life. I'm currently on holiday in New Zealand and have been sitting in the sun relaxing and jumping from Blog to Blog before I hed off exploring tomorrow, you gave me a smile, thanks. Rex

Anonymous said...

i'm gonna steal this for my blog if you dont mind ;0)