Friday, November 26, 2004

Theme: Think Pink

I'm getting there! I'm getting there!

Check out Think Pink to see what everyone else has been doing for the cause.

Think Pink Heart Scarf from knitty.com

I almost forgot about it as I was furiously knitting up Christmas presents. To overcome my procrastination, I've moved it to the present list.

I'd like to give some credit to the LYS where I purchased the Melody Quick & Cozy in pink for this project. A Touch of Wool (4273 Dunbar Street, Vancouver, BC but no website) gave 10% of every pink yarn purchase in October to breast cancer research. How cool is that?

I did buy another pink yarn but it's turned into a stash enhancer because the project I had planned for it has since been kiboshed. Not sorry I bought it though because the colour makes me grin - kinda like a bubblegum milkshake.



I bought this yarn, along with the goodies below, from another LYS just down the street from me. Birkeland Bros. Wool is so enjoyable but the fact that it is so close is very dangerous for my wallet.



I finally succumbed to my inkling to try spinning with a drop spindle and I think this baby will do the trick.



Last but not least, the knitting journal that has been helping me keep track of all my projects and designs for the last while. I feel so official now! (Strange need for external validation not too obvious here, is it?)

Have you had enough pink yet? M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all your pinky projects.i tried doing that scarf but it didnt work for me argh.i love your spindle too it looks awesome.that's one thing i'm asking for for xmas.

eyeleen said...

Beautfiul work on the pink heart scarf. I think I may have to add that to my craft queue.