Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Very, Very, Very Cranky!

That damn cat of mine is getting very, very, very spoiled. It gets worse as she gets older and it was worse than usual last night.

She woke us up at 4:00 am - me, the dog, the other cats, the roommate, the neighbours, the block, the neighbourhood, . . . Okay, maybe just me and the dog, but that was enough, thank you very much!

Apparently it was all my fault. I didn't check her water bowl before we went to bed.

I didn't even know that Sara needs a drink in the middle of the night. Oh sure, there were signs: her water bowl often needed filling in the morning; she's been seen drinking out of the dog's bowl; furtive jumps off the toilet seat when I entered the bathroom.

I should have seen it long before now. Old roommates and boyfriends have even mentioned her late night trips to the water bowl. I thought they were exaggerating. I must have been living in denial. How could I have been so blind?!




What am I going to do? Well, obviously, I'm going to make sure that water bowl is filled up before I go to bed at night. (I'm not just a craft enabler, you know.)

I'm off to take a nap. Lack of sleep makes me cranky, M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

our cat likes to drink from the bath tub,he has to be careful tho because my youngest will turn on the tap while the cat is in the bath heh
Cara

Thora said...

We have a cat that will only drink water from a glass on my night table. Next to my head.