Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Free Advertisement

Hemp - not just for rope!

After spying skeins of yarn in the window, I was lured into a shop just down the street. It was a very cool place and I loved some of the other things in the store, not just the yarn. Receptive Earth sells nothing but hemp fashions and giftware. So guess what the skeins of yarn were - that's right, hemp.

Yummy, yes?

I know this sounds ignorant and uninformed but I expected it to feel like twine. Of course it doesn't feel like twine. Who would knit with that? But preconceived ideas can be that way - misleading and prejudicial.

It did feel lovely and knittable and I know there's a baby sweater in

that uses hemp yarn. Alas, as a broke student, $13 a ball is out of my price range at the moment. But I am very intrigued so I'll just have to store that idea at the back of my head until later.

On the knitting front, I am still working away on the Christmas list. Only 18 days until I can finally post some photos and notes on my projects. I have days where I can't stand not writing about it, especially when I see so many other great blogs posting and sharing. (Hey lady, would you like a little cheese with that whine?)

So in the spirit of hemp, I'm considering all the alternatives, M

No comments: