Sunday, January 30, 2005

All's Quiet on the Prairie

We've been having some fantastic sunsets here so I snapped a photo of one earlier in the week. It doesn't really do it justice but you get the idea.



It's been fairly quiet on my blog this week because I've been busy seeming together this:

At long last, I've finished Danger's christmas sweater. It's a little hooded sweatershirt in Santa cotton blend, with one silver and one white thread running through it. I've had to leave the neck very wide open and stretchable as his little 10-month-old head isn't that little!

Here's a picture of my gorgeous nephew showing off all his new teeth!

I think he'll look so adorable in his new sweatshirt but then I think he looks adorable every which way!

I used a pattern off the Lions Brand website to make this hooded sweatshirt but I have to say that I wasn't very impressed with the clarity of instructions. I would hate to think that a newby knitter might have tried this one because there was definitely a lot of fill in the blanks.

I went back to the website a couple of times to check the picture for clarification on something and noticed that the pattern was missing altogether. I guess someone finally clued into the problems. Still, I'm grateful that I had a starting point and could get such a cute finished product anyway.

And just for a finishing touch for my guy, I added this label:

Handmade For a Special Little Boy

Nothing gives a sense of accomplishment more than a finished knitted project! I have a few more I'm working on this week so wish me luck with that!

Knitting as fast as I can, M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

Good job! Especially considering you had to fill in the gaps. Well, it's a free pattern. You cannot expect their editors to be as cautious as with pattern books. Your nephew looks adorable, how old is he?

Anonymous said...

great job!
~Cara~