Monday, January 17, 2005

Demolition Knitting

I'm still sick and thus spent the weekend sitting around, watching a lot of movies, trying to do some knitting.

When I first received my copy of this:


I was quite thrilled with the lists of books and movies that included knitting somewhere in their stories. Of course, I had to check to see what I had read/watched and filed the remainder of the list in my mental "To Do" file for future intake.

During my weekend movie binge, I discovered an old favourite of mine that wasn't included in the list and so I thought I'd mention it here.

That's right - Demolition Man with Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. I'm not usually a blow-em-up movie person but this one has a great message and some very fun themes in it if you can get past all the explosions.

My new favourite part is this: Stallone's character receives rehabilitation programs while in cryogenic prison that includes knitting, sewing, weaving, etc. Not being able to sleep one night, he knits Sandra Bullock's character a gorgeous cherry red cabled sweater. How great is that?! Just one more reason for me to love this movie.

This only just edges out my previous favourite scene in which Bullock mentions the Schwartzenegger Presidential Library and Stallone is a little put out by this. Too funny and maybe a little prophetic! It really is worth a look or another look if you haven't seen it in a while.

Have a great day every one. Enhance your calm and be well, M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That movie sounds weirdly good. So off to Netflix I go to add it to my already HUGE queue of movies.

Susan
http://www.zenknit.com/blog