Monday, January 31, 2005

Recycling

I call these my dream jeans. What do you think?


I used to call them my dream jeans because I dreamt of one day being able to fit into them again. Now they're called that because they have stars and moons all over the side panel. Very cute.

I just separated the side seams and inserted some fabric, sewing them back up again. I love the look though I realize it's not for everyone.

I've actually been doing this with my jeans for years, even before I needed to recycle them due to size. I like the personal nature of them as opposed to the generic jeans that everyone wears.

I had a very productive weekend and this was just one of the projects that got started, finished or worked on. Productive weekends are my favourite. Okay, well maybe camping weekends are my fav but it's a little cold for me to be doing that right now.

Hoping you're feeling productive, too, M

3 comments:

nmblefngrs said...

Very cool, I had a friend who used to insert triagular crazy-quilt pieces into her pants to make bell-bottoms out of straight-leg pants.

Have you tried any of the mitten patterns yet?
I found websites that sold the yarn guide, but I discovered a technique that lets you hold the yarns without the extra equipment. It's demonstrated in the Norwegian Purl technique (go to my blog and click on Norwegian purl in the most recent post to go to the site.) It only works if you knit continental, though.

Hope this helps,
Jess

Pioggia said...

That's actually a great idea. If only I had a sewing machine... but I'll keep that idea under my sleeve, in case I ever buy one.

eyeleen said...

Wow! Those look great. An excellent idea for all those jeans I have stuffed in the back of my closet ;-)