Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Secret Pal 4 Questions

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I am definitely not a yarn snob. I like bright colours in acrylics and lovely soft fibres in wools.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I am trying to teach myself to spin with a drop spindle.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I'm deathly allergic to apricots, which is often a flavouring in peach or other fruit-flavoured things. Not good with perfumes and smoke, either.

4. How long have you been knitting?
More than 30 years, but am still learning all kinds of wonderful things every day.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Not yet, but I was thinking about starting one. I'll do that today at Chapters.indigo.ca!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like fruity scented things and vanilla.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I love milk chocolate - but not the expensive stuff. Love Cadbury's Dairy Milk. Don't care for Hershey's anything.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I also sew, do beadwork, quilt, . . .

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most kinds of music - opera, country, celtic, world - not hugely into main stream pop stuff. Yes to the MP3.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
My favourite colour is green, any hue. But for knitting and crafts, I am usually drawn to blues, purples and pinks in colourways. Or anything bright and cheerful, or rich looking. Hmm - I'm starting to think I don't have a favourite! LOL

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm single with no children but I do have a dog and a cat.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I would like to own a house soon and have a big, wild English-style garden. I love gardening and miss it very much lately. I also love to travel and would like to spend more time learning languages.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Zara's Merino Superfine is my favourite right now. I just discovered it about six months ago and I love to knit with it. But I also like chunky stuff. So the theme is probably very, very soft.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Ribbon yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Latvian Mittens (I just ordered a book!) and, of course, yarn collecting!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, mitts, hats and scarves

17. What are you knitting right now?
Aran socks, softy socks, baby sweater, shawl, adult sweater, hat, afghan.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
Like to make them, can't get away with wearing them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Straight - can't manipulate circular needles at all well.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I own aluminum and plastic. Never tried bamboo but not sure about the durability of them.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep, definitely, uh huh, absolutely, without a doubt.

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mom and aunts taught me when I was 6.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
In knitting - less than two months. Don't ask me about my other crafts because I'd be embarrassed to tell you.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I really like Max the dog from the Grinch. But I'm a bit of a sucker for all dogs (mutts especially - see Reuben pictures) and cats and horses.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Valentine's Day - I'm a bit of a heart fanatic.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Watches(cutsie plastic things), hearts, socks, old movies (Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn) and Katherine Hepburn memorobilia. I also have a strange collection of bicycle pictures and miniatures from the days when I used to cycle everywhere.

Thanks for asking! M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love old movies too.anything with cary grant or how about the old doris day and rock hudson movies.or even katherine hepburn and spenser tracy,oh oh and my favorite in the whole world,humphrey bogart.i love him even more then bono hehe
~earth mother~ great list!
Cara