Saturday, January 01, 2005

Start as you intend to go

I don't know where I first heard this phrase but it has shaped my approach to the new year for some time now. I also use it whenever I'm starting a new project or new phase of my life. You can imagine that it's been in my head a lot these last several weeks.

I don't really believe in resolutions but I am a strong supporter of fresh starts. It doesn't matter whether you choose a Monday morning, a January 1st, a new school year, a birthday, or 4:53pm on a Thursday for your fresh start. It only matters that with each one you see the limitless possibilities to reach your potential - in whatever you choose to focus on.

In 2004, I have faced so many challenges and managed to come through them relatively unscathed. But I have also had so many amazing experiences that have enriched my life in their own ways.

Top 5 Highlights of 2004:
1. Birth of my nephew, Danger
2. Completing my first year of teaching in the Arctic
3. Completing my second university degree
4. Moving back to my home province of Saskatchewan
5. Starting my knitting blog

Interestingly enough, number 2, 3, 4 are also some of my biggest challenges of 2004. Funny how that works!

I am so looking forward to 2005. I have no idea where I'll be 12 months from now nor do I know what experiences will have shaped me by then. I only hope that I have the grace to take them all for the gifts that they can be.



Looking out my front door, M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

almost all our snow is gone now.I don't really mind either but it does make everything bleak.