Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Will Wonders Never Cease!

I have been doing the Kitchener Stitch for years to graft together all kinds of things. At least I thought I was doing the Kitchener Stitch.

The other day I was flipping through this:

I was looking for something unrelated but the diagrams with the technique for Kitchener caught my eye because it looked wonky to me.

Well, since I was about to finish the toe on one of these:

I thought I'd give the SNB method a try. I was a little dubious at first, but before I had even finished the toe, I was amazed at how tight and tidy it was turning out. So much better than the method I thought I had learned previously. Trust me when I say I'll never go back!!

It's never too late to learn (or relearn :-p) something new, but isn't that the knitter's mantra?!

While I've been convalescing, I've also managed to knit up a few of these scarves. I was making one to send as a gift when some local women, who were dying to find a knitter to do up some fun fur for them, asked me to make a couple.


I've also started my socks for Sockapalooza. I'm making a pair of aran style socks with the aran wool I picked up in the Aran Islands last summer. I hope my sock buddy likes them! I'll post pictures of these when I've gotten a little further along with them.

I'll end today's post by clicking the heels on my ruby red slippers (socks) together three times and repeating, "It's never too late to learn something new. It's never too late to learn something new. . . "

Happy Tuesday knitting, M

3 comments:

Pioggia said...

It's good to know there is an alternative, I'm all for toe up socks because I don't know how to graft.

Anonymous said...

thank you for the lovely scarf,I just got it in the mail.how nice of you to knit me a scarf.how lucky am I?,,it will be posted on my blog tommorrow,with hopefully a nice picture of it on me.thanks so much
cara

eyeleen said...

Your socks look great, and I love the furry scarf.