Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Just When I Needed It Most

I have been RAOK'd twice today!!! How very fortunate I am!

First, this one from my dear friend, Cara, at Earthmother.

She knows I love lace doilies but am very inept at making them. Thank you so very much, Cara. I am truly touched by your kindness.

Second, was this wonderful Valentine's Day parcel from Jennifer at She Seams To Knit.

I'm so crazy about hearts and Valentine's Day is my favourite holiday. This lovley parcel had a Valentine's card full of heart confetti, heart stitch markers, a gorgeous piece of quilting fabric in my favourite colour combinations, all wrapped in heart paper. It's enough to make my little heart almost explode! Thank you, thank you, Jennifer.

I cannot say thank you enough to Cara and Jennifer. I've been starting to get a little down lately with the move back home again. Job hunting sucks at this time of year (Okay, anytime you don't have a job sucks!) and I was letting the pressure of so many things really get to me. It was an absolute lifeline to receive these thoughtful gifts to lift my spirits. I was a little verklempt when I opened them.

Thankful for all my blessings today, M

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you did get spoiled today! lovely.make sure to give the doily a quick iron,to flatten it down! glad I made your day

Thora said...

ha! I *knew* you'd see the Dulaan Project. :)

And what pretty things you got on a perfect day for it. I hope things are better for you today. Hang in there!

Pioggia said...

Pretty gifts! I hope you manage to stay cheerful throughout your job hunt. It's not easy and the winter weather makes it suck even more. But somewhere there's a nice position with very good pay for you, you'll see!