Sunday, February 13, 2005

Spring In The Air?

Well, this woodpecker seems to make me think so. I love bird watching and now that we've installed some feeders around the yard, I hope we have lots of visitors.


On the knitting front, I finished the two scarves I was working on for a local grandmother. Plus, while I was watching a movie last night, I managed to get a hat finished for the Dulaan Project (see sidebar button).


While I'm in charge of hats, my aunt has been working on matching scarves.

She hasn't done much knitting in years but has been inspired by the Dulaan project and by having an obsessive knitter in the house these last several weeks. I am thrilled that she's picked it up again and I get a bit of a perverse glee from roping in another "convert." LOL!!!

In between hats and other warmies for Dulaan, I'm also working on this Tree Of Life sweater for my aunt. This photo shows the start of the branches.


Tomorrow is Valentine's Day - my favourite holiday of the year. I'm off to get my Valentine's cards finished for the kids and the kids-at-heart in my life. I have little caramel-filled chocolate hearts to include with each one. Gotta love those!

Spreading the hearts, er, . . . love, M

5 comments:

nmblefngrs said...

Reminds me of the nice weather teaser we had last week here in Ohio. While I didn't mind the cold weather, now that we've had a few days of really nice temps, I've definitely got spring fever.

You are so effective at drawing people to the "Dark Side" :-) I've been trying to get other people around me to catch the knitting but, but I think they're all immune.

nmblefngrs said...

bug...knitting bug, not but. ;-)

Pioggia said...

I like that tree of life idea, and I can't wait to see how it branches out.

eyeleen said...

Oooh cute little hat. The tree of life looks very interesting. How intricate will the branches be?

Thora said...

Adorable hat and I love the start of Tree of Life. It's a gorgeous pattern.

I've been thinking of you and wishing you well on the home front!

And p.s. - If you want twice as many birds, put some water out in a shallow bowl. They need the water especially in winter. It's a blast to see them taking baths on the warmer days too.