Monday, February 07, 2005

Weekend Update

Finally finished Sockapalooza sock #2 for my sock pal. I hope she likes them.

I'm not usually a fan of aran knitting but these went quite quickly once I got the hang of them. I may even do another pair one day. But don't quote me on that!

While reading Mossy Cottage Knits this weekend, I came across her information on the Dulaan Project and decided that I needed to get involved.



I've sent out an email to all my non-blogging, crafting friends to call their attention to the need for warm woolies for homeless children in Mongolia.

There's also a very cool pattern for a no-knit, no-sew blanket made of two layers of fleece that are knotted together. Fleece Blanket Pattern #1 and Fleece Blanket Pattern #2. The first is a bigger blanket but the second shows how to cut the corners out for easy tying.

Here's a photo of Aunty Shelly and Reuben working on one of them. They made two on Sunday afternoon.


Making our small difference in the world, happy Monday! M

5 comments:

froggyknits.com said...

fantastic socks! your pal will love them.

Pioggia said...

How nice of you, you're constantly knitting for other people. I should learn and be more considerate myself.

eyeleen said...

wonderful socks!

thanks for the link to the Dulaan Project, sounds like a wonderful organization.

alison said...

Green cabled socks rock!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous socks - a very lucky pal indeed! I'm amazed at how quickly you made them. When I made that pattern it took me months to finish my pair! Cheryl.
http://mason204.journalspace.com.