Thursday, April 28, 2005

I found a new doll making program last night and decided to indulge. It's been a while since I did one so please bear with me. This is what I think I look like - or would do if I was twenty years younger and skinny again! (The wings are the tree hugger fairy in me! )


Doll Maker


I got some new books last week and thought I'd share so you can drool!


I think I've decided that making smaller items is definitely more my speed. I don't seem to be a sweater and afghan kind of girl. I need more immediate gratification than that. Never say never, though! I've got one of each that I need to finish right now and who knows what I'll feel like later.

I also ordered a spinning book this week. I keep imagining that I'll have all this wonderful time to spend on my interests come the long winter. But I've been thinking that for a while now so maybe it's all a dream that I'll forever pursue and never obtain! Ain't giving up the dream, though!

In the words of John Lennon, whatever gets you through the night! M

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

These are fun! This is my fantasy body!
http://img257.echo.cx/img257/3060/doll3dj.jpg

froggyknits.com said...

great books and cool image.

nmblefngrs said...

I hear ya on the small item thing. While it's fun knitting sweaters and such, it's much more sastisfying to have a finished object after a week or two.

General Ginger said...

There are some fantastic patterns in that folk socks book. I haven't knitted them yet but they're on the list. :)

Pioggia said...

Never give up on dreams... I agree with the small project idea. I get very frustrated when I've been working on onw WIP for too long.

Thora said...

Don't you love new books? Folk Socks is one of my favorites.

The city thing - I do it every day. The train is about an hour and a half. It's where I get most of my knitting done, when I'm not passed out and drooling on people. :)

eyeleen said...

Oh I like the book selection! I've been looking at those for a while now.