Friday, April 01, 2005

Nearest LYS - Only a 5 hour drive

I did a quick trip to Saskatoon on Wednesday to get groceries, teaching supplies and knitting supplies. I came back on Thursday.

An unexpected downside to having these resources so far away is that I discovered I can spend a great deal of money in a very short period of time. I'm not sure how I feel about this. A little worried, I think.

It was a lot of driving in two days but I actually really enjoyed it. There is nothing so beautiful as my beloved prairie and I have always loved to drive through the landscape of my home. It actually changes quite a lot between here and Saskatoon but it's all still breathtaking to me - especially the illuminating light that we get here.

I have also managed to do some knitting over the last week. I made two pairs of Fuzzy Feet from knitty.com for my cousins. I hope they like them. It was my first attempt at felting and I was very excited about the transformation that took place in the washer. Can't wait to felt something else.

Some stash enhancing took place in Saskatoon plus I picked up another of my bins full of yarn from my grandmother's house. I should have enough supplies to get me through to my next trip south. I also ordered the next level of the Master Knitters Program from TGKA to keep me busy - in case I don't have enough to do with teaching. (Hah!)

Hope you're all looking forward to a gorgeous spring, M

1 comment:

Pioggia said...

Yes, you can spend a lot of money in one day, but then again, if you don't buy anything during a month it's not that scary. Although I'd buy a lot of stuff by mail if I were in your situation.

Happy knitting, and happy teaching!