Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Down By The Riverside

Went for a walk last evening down near the rapids, on the north side of town. Reuben had a blast and I got some cool photos.


Reuben at the river


Pussy Willows


Peeling bark for birch bark crafts

The river is very high this year, according to my neighbours, who say it hasn't been this high in more than five years. We had a lot of snow this winter so the melt is really raising the level. Nothing threatening, though, just won't be able to get at the fishing spots for a while yet.

I signed up for a spinning workshop and a weaving workshop this summer at Saltspring Island Fibre Festival. Yahoo for me! Maybe I'll see some of you there!

"All I have to do is dreeeeeam, dream, dream, dream," M

5 comments:

Pioggia said...

Thank you for the tag, I had lots of fun. And thanks to you I now who David Suzuki is. Good luck with your spinning workshop, I'm green with envy.

eyeleen said...

Looks like you and Reuben had a wonderful walk.

Love that birch, I've been reading up on natural dyeing and I've found a recipe that uses birch bark. Unfortunately not too plentiful here in Va.

Lucky you on that spinning workshop! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

J. said...

ohh ohh I will be home and saltspring will only be a hop skip and jump away. Very exciting. i will let you know if I actually make it. If you decide to come to the Victoria for a day let me know. I am there the 15 to 28th.

J. said...

me again
probably won't sign up for a workshop but hopefully will get there at least one day. My mom and sister knit so I think I could convince them to make a day of it with me. I will let you know closer to the time if I will be there.

I've been reading your blog awhile but I tend to stay quiet.

Thora said...

Oh, that's great you found a workshop! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Reuben is adorable. Go out in the woods, and they are like puppies again. Does a heart good. :)