Saturday, May 28, 2005

Life's A Stitch

First off, I need to thank Li over at Life's A Stitch for the amazing RAOK of adorable stitch markers. They're tiny little sweaters on knitting needles. How cute! Thanks for thinking of me, Li! Your thoughtfulness is so kind.



It was a big knitting mail week for me! In addition to the stitch markers from Li, I received my order from Knit Happens. Look at the yummy things I got!



I ordered the Baby Bobbi Bear because I've been in love with this pattern since I first saw it last fall. To make it, I had them send some Blue Sky Alpacas Hand Dyes worsted in a lovely green. I'm going to make my nephew a Bobbi before I go to see him this summer. Shhh, don't tell him!

I also added some of this gorgeous stuff to my shopping bag.

Lorna's Laces Hand Dyed Bullfrogs and Butterflies in Glenwood

I have no idea what I'm going to make with it but I could not resist the delicious colours, even in a photograph on the net. (Any suggestions would be appreciated!) I hate to think what would happen if I was actually in a room with these yarns. I suspect I'd spend my retirement fund in less than an hour!!!

In teaching news, I only have one more exam to set and mark before the end of our school year. It's going to be a busy week as we have our graduation coming up next Friday and I'm the coordinator. I'm off to continue with decorations today and may be out of blogging range until it's all done. I hope the grads love their big day!

I did have one my proudest teaching moments last week when one of my grade 12 English students finally premiered his one-person movie version of Much Ado About Nothing. It was his final project for the class and I was so impressed with all the work he did for it. It was one of those days that makes me realize that becoming a teacher was so worth it!

I hope you're all having a great week - knitting or otherwise, M

7 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

You're welcome, Michele!

That Lorna's Laces yarn is beautiful.

Enjoy your weekend,
Li

Anonymous said...

socks with the LL? they are beautiful,or how about a sweet little shawl like the one I am doing,it would knit up nice with that,fast too
cara
earth mother

Thora said...

Omigosh, I love the colors of your Lornas! Were you able to get more than one skien? A shawl would definitely be pretty! Or Alison has a really pretty scarf at http://www.pretendingsanity.com/knitting.html (look for the herringbone scarf and scroll below her picture to see a picture - it's gorgeous).

Congratulations on Graduation week! Wooo hoo! Do you get the summer off?

J. said...

yipee to another summer just around the corner. Good luck with garduation.

PS you won the contest on my blog, lucky you. I am not to sure what you'll get

Laura said...

That Baby Bobbi Bear pattern is adorable. I mad one a couple weeks ago. I wasn't happy with how it turned out, but I think that may be due to the fact that I used cheap yarn. I planning on making another one with the blue sky alpacas yarn.

Pioggia said...

You're making a green bear? Did I get that right? That contrast is very pretty. Green and salmon... how heavy is the yarn? Is it light enough to make socks? You'd have some pretty pooling.

eyeleen said...

Have fun with all the graduation prep.

Beautiful new yarn acquistions. I was just at Knit Happens earlier today and I came home with some lovely Koigu.