Sunday, May 22, 2005

New Knitting Book

This one is about taking scraps of fabric and knitting them together to make different things.

I love this idea and actually thought of it a couple of years ago myself. I just never got around to trying to work out the details of it. And now I don't have to 'cuz I've got the book!

I'd also like to try recycling plastic grocery bags by knitting them together to make a water-proof market bag. One of these days I'll get around to that. Or maybe someone will come up with the specs so I can just get the book on that one, too!

Other than that, there's no exciting news in our house. It's a busy day with puttering in the back yard, grading final projects, cleaning and organizing the house. Very productive kind of day. My favourite.

I still have tomorrow off due to the long weekend. One of my colleagues has invited me to go fishing down river and to visit one of the local islands. I'm really looking forward to both and maybe I'll have fish for supper tomorrow night. Have to remember to take the bug spray, though, as the black flies are out in full force and make being outside bothersome if there's no wind.

Hope you're all having a fantastic weekend and getting lots of your favourite things squeezed in. Cheers, M

3 comments:

eyeleen said...

Sounds interesting. I can even repurpose my fabric stash for kntting.

enjoy your holiday!

J. said...

Hey Jodi waas just asking about knitting with fabric http://www.jodigreen.ca/blog/ maybe you can help her out.

SCarrGo said...

Plastic grocery bags knitted together is done and in book form!!

Simple Knits With A Twist by Erika Knight.

It is a cool book--lots of off the wall projects...