Monday, May 09, 2005

Personal Book Review

I decided that I would make a list of the books that I've read since January 1.

Being an English teacher has given me the oppotunity to read so many books that I would never have chosen for myself. I must say that I'm having a blast with the whole experience. I will miss my English classes next year when I'm teaching math and science but not enough to volunteer to do it again! ;-)

So here goes.

Reading Lolita in Tehran
Blue Shoe
A Student of Weather
A Rhinestone Button
Stones From The River
The Crucible
Animal Farm
Much Ado About Nothing
Macbeth
I Heard the Owl Call My Name
The Giver
Hatchet
Eaters of the Dead

I have also read a few short plays and short stories that I can't find images for.

It's not a bad list but I feel it will expand greatly once I'm on summer holidays and have more time to read and knit.

I do have these currently on the go that will soon be added to the finished list.
The Amulet of Samarkan
Fahrenheit 451
How the Scots Invented the Modern World
Little Women

I always have a few books going at once as I am frequently in different moods when it comes to reading. This is especially true when I am reading things that need to be read, and not just things that I want to read.

What are you reading?

Hope you all have a fantastic day! M

2 comments:

J. said...

2 book related things. I used to babysit/nanny next door to the author of "student of weather" it as fun to read it while picturing the Ottawa scenes from an actual window that saw the same things the main character saw. The author, (whose name escapes me at the moment but will return at some trange moment while at work tomorrow I am sure) used her own house as the scenes for the Ottawa house. I liked the book.

Do you have the squel to The Giver? I really enjoyed it. Leave it to another teacher to make a comment like that. I also have really enjoyed some of her other books. I am off to bed, enjoy your Monday.

Shannon said...

Hi! I just wanted to thank YOU for your kind words on the comment you left on my blog (Let KNIT be Known). In the past I have tried to stay away from blogging about my beliefs and about social causes or "politics" on my knitting blog but sometimes I feel like I have to write about it to get the word out to people who may not hear about it otherwise. And I am sooo happy to hear that you found the Canadian website to write your PM! See, ONE voice can make a difference!

Shannon