Saturday, July 16, 2005

Taking The Plunge Anyway

Remember that spinning and weaving workshop I was signed up for? Well, I had to cut my stay on the west coast short due to changes in other areas of my life. The workshops start this week and I won't be there.

But don't feel sorry for me because to compensate for my lack of workshop, I bought this earlier in the week:


Roxi over at The Yarn Junkie was selling one of hers so I bought it. Now I just have to figure out how to get it here but I'm working on that!

I am extremely excited, extremely! Having only touched a spinning wheel once in my life, I have no idea where to start really and would appreciate advice you can give on resources to teach myself. My nearest guild is 5.5hrs away so I won't be rushing there for lessons. But maybe a dvd or book suggestion will get me on my way. Anything you can contribute to my start will be so greatly appreciated.

Happy spinning everyone, M

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, what a nice looking wheel - and so many bobbins!

There are a lot of internet sites with excellent spinning info. One of my favs is The Joy of Handspinning at
http://www.joyofhandspinning.com/

There are also spinning videos one can purchase. I did, and am glad because I think I learn better if I can see it demoed.

eyeleen said...

Very nice wheel, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.