Friday, July 08, 2005

Yesterday . . .

I have family in London. You can imagine how the news events of the day wrought havoc in my mind.

I was on one of my trips out to get groceries, run errands, do banking and the like. On the road by 7 a.m., I didn't even turn on the radio until 8. That's when I heard the news and glued myself to every news cast within range of my radio.

I made the fastest trips of my life through the grocery store and Walmart but I was still gone for a total of 12.5 hrs. Of course, I left all my contact numbers for overseas at home because who would need them in the grocery story? I checked email within minutes of getting home and had received nothing so got on the phone.

Finally reaching my brother, who had thought to make calls earlier in the day, he reported that both my cousins and my uncle were fine. No other family members were in the city at that point so all is well.

A good cry to relieve the stress I had been creating in my mind all day, and I could see more clearly again.

My heart goes out to all the families and friends who were not so fortunate as us.

Hoping you and yours are safe and happy, M

1 comment:

nmblefngrs said...

So glad to hear that everyone was ok. Thursday was my early day for running, and I normally listen to BBC Worldnews, so I heard about it as it was going on. It was so eerie, listening to the reports, so much like 911. You feel so helpless in times like these. I just hope and pray that things will get better some day