Friday, August 12, 2005

Rodeo Clowns

Vacuuming has become a new form of entertainment at our house.

Other dogs that I have known have been very afraid of the sucking machine. Not Emmett.

He's decided that this is something that needs to be conquered in order to protect his family. Sort of. As soon as he gets passed jumping in from curiousity and jumping out from nervousness.

It does remind me very much of a rodeo clown trying to distract a bull in the ring.

And let me say this - it is difficult to vacuum when laughing so hard at the dog! :-)

Actual knitting content is also included today. I have sleeve 1 and sleeve 2 for the Tree Of Life sweater. Tah dah!!

Now I just have the back to finish. I did the sleeves first because I knew they would be poke-my-eyes-out-with-a-knitting-needle boring. I was right about that but at least they're done. Pray for no frogging for fit.

Well that's all for my last Friday of the summer. Hope you're enjoying your day as much as I'm loving mine! M

PS: Due to increased spamming on my blog, I've changed to registered users only. If this does not deter the little jerks who are doing it, I'm going to have to restrict comments to the tagboard only. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they go away.

10 comments:

Renee said...

Happy last weekend of summer!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! You did an excellent job! I have a blog on nintendo revolution reviews if you would like to come and comment on it!

Anonymous said...

Amazing job on your Blog! I'll definatly be coming back. If you're interested, check out my PS3 vs XBOX360 blog that shows unveils all th secrets there are to know between these two mecca systems.

eyeleen said...

Very cute picture of Emmett! I'm convinced that most pets find the vacuum extremely fearsome. Mine included.

Lisa said...

My Marzi does the same thing when I vaccuum. It's so funny! She jumps in, attempts to attack the vaccuum cleaner and then jumps back. She's actually managed to grab the hose quite a few times LOL.

Dani said...

That is too funny - in this house, my 195 pound CHICKEN, erm, I mean english mastiff needs to be at least 3 rooms away when we vacuum!

Cant wait to see that sweater all finished up!

I'm using my (nonexistant) blogger id to comment btw, it's Dani from Yea, I Knit

nmblefngrs said...

Wow, I hope I don't start getting spamm comments. Gahd, these people are everywhere nowadays. Emmet is too cute. Gio's a little strange around vacuums, too. While every other cat I know runs from the things, Gio on the other hand stays put, legs folded under him and gives you this "why the hell are you disturbing me" look.

SCarrGo said...

Emmet is so cute! My doggie wasn't bothered by the vacuum before, but now, all of a sudden, she seems to want to assert her authority...

Pioggia said...

Hope the blog comment change works. I used to have a dog that loved being vacuumed all over. I wish all dogs were like him, it solves a lot of problems. Congratulations on your finished move. I relate to that feeling of having way too much stuff.

emy said...

Your dog must really thought you are having fun with him!