Saturday, October 22, 2005

Frosty Morning

This is what we woke up to this morning - a lovely frost covering everything. Beautiful!


I have been carrying socks around all week and getting in a few stitches here and there. Look what I managed to finish.


I even got a few others started. Look at this lovely lacey thing. Who knew I would fall in love with knitting lace socks?!


And here's another ribbed sock pattern, Oak Ribbed, from the Vintage Socks book.

I think that the ribbed socks will look better if done in an unstriped yarn. I'm not unhappy with them, though, because the ribbed pattern makes them interesting enough to keep me knitting on them.

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. I plan to be cozied up for most of each day - knitting socks of course!

Happy knitting and take good care, M

4 comments:

btchwstix said...

Sounds like a divine weekend. Glad to hear you are back on track!

You simply cannot keep a knitter down.

eyeleen said...

Love the view with those socks! Excellent weekend plans, I hope you had a good one!

Pioggia said...

I like ribs on striped yarns, but I admit they don't stand out very much. I like your lace socks a lot

nmblefngrs said...

Don't you just love that book? I was browing through it at my LYS a few weeks ago, and for a while, I was kinda confused because I kept looking at the gauges and needles sizes of the original patterns (size 000, 0000 needles and 15-18 st/in). I was so excited, and then I realized that these were the original patterns and not the ones in the book.