Sunday, January 08, 2006

New Scanner Toy

I just learned how to use my scanner this morning and took the opportunity to update my profile picture at right. Cute, hey? That's me in 1973.

I really wanted the scanner working to show you what I found in a thrift store. This little beauty cost me a dime.

I have no clue how old it is but it's published in London, was 10 cents Canadian and 6d in British money, which is before they went to the decimal system so I have no idea what the "d" stands for.

I will probably never knit this pattern but I love it just because it still exists! And such technicolour.

On the knitting front, my mittens are still progressing but I was hoping for some advice. You know how when you come to the end of the round the pattern sort of jogs a bit and is not quite even? Is there anyway to avoid that? I'd appreciate any input I can get. Thanks much.

Have a good knitting week! M

3 comments:

Life's a Stitch said...

You've inspired me to go downstairs and learn to use my scanner that we've had since September.
Li

eyeleen said...

I just love finding the vintage stuff. I don't really want to knit the patterns but they're great fun to have around.

Lauren said...

Is it the jogless join you need?

http://www.socknitters.com/kickback/joglessjog.htm

Sorry if I misunderstood!