Sunday, January 15, 2006

Star Struck and Startitis

First, I'm star struck by this beautiful Hand Maiden yarn sent to me by my friend, Jane, just because she loves me. How lucky am I?

This photo has really captured the colour well. I love it!

I am still working on the Folk Mittens pattern but because it requires so much concentration to work with the chart and I haven't had a lot of brain power left after skiing every day this week, it's going a little slowly.

I'm thrilled with it, though, and can't wait to get a pair completed!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I got the Harlot's Secret Life of a Knitter for Christmas and I was reading her piece on Startitis - the constant need to start new projects all the time. It made me realize that I've been far too disciplined lately and haven't had more than two projects on the go for ages - one for travel that was small and easy to carry and one that was larger or required charts, etc for knitting at home. Much too practical, I'd say.

Soooo, I decided I needed to start a few things this weekend. This is going to be a twisted rib hat but with a design twist of my own. Thanks toTerri for her pattern.


I also have a pair of socks on the go and I dug out the yarn to start a draft stopper, some leg warmers (for skiing, of course!), and some more computer mittens.

I, Michele of beknitted, do solemnly swear that I will endeavour to be less disciplined and organized with my knitting projects because that is way too boring, even for me!

Happy weekend knitting, eh! M


4 comments:

eyeleen said...

Lovely new yarn! great for on the mittens and hat!

I like your vow to be a less disciplined Knitter. I have just vowed to be a more practical and organized knitter. Hopefully it won't be too boring, but I want to control my stash and my numerous projects before they take over the house. :-)

Pioggia said...

Hey, it's not that boring! But you're right, you should be able to knit whatever you please whenever you please.

Life's a Stitch said...

Great vow and beautiful yarn,
Li

Katie said...

Good luck too you on that vow. I find that I can't have more than two projects going of one type (such as knitting or crocheting), but I need to have 8,000 different projecting going on. As I'm a working college student that's not that hard.. two crocheting projects, two sewing projects, two lesure books, two D&D groups, one (ah!) magazine per month.. work and homework.