Saturday, January 28, 2006

This Is Sarahbeth


Sarahbeth is staying with me this weekend while her parents are away in Saskatoon. She is my neighbour and one of her parents works with me at the school.

She's modeling the Twisted Rib Hat for me now that it's finished. Here's a side view.

I like the way it turned out but it's actually really different than I originally planned due to the Mighty Sorbet yarn (the colourway) not cooperating with my plans.

Other things Sarahbeth and I have done this weekend include going to Andrea's house to learn to make bread the old fashioned way. You know, without a bread maker!


Then the inevitable happened.

I swear I didn't twist her arm. I think it's contageous. (Actually she's been asking me to teach her for a while now and we just hadn't gotten around to it until yesterday.)

We also have a houseful of dogs staying with us because of people traveling this weekend.

There are eight in total - yeah, I said eight! Too many to get into one picture. Thankfully half of them are going home today. Three of them are mine and the last one is a stray I picked up and took in out of the cold.

He was freezing to death and starving. He's already had the tips of his ears frozen off. He's okay for now but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him. Hopefully I can find a home for him. He's such a sweet little boy, only about three months old.

Later today we have a ski practice and I'm taking a group of 14 kids to a ski loppet in Beauval tomorrow.

All in all, it's a pretty busy weekend. Thank goodness we had yesterday off of work/school to get some housework done (and maybe a little knitting!).

Happy Weekend Knitting, M

1 comment:

eyeleen said...

Looks like you're having a great weekend, with quite a full house!

It's so good of you to pick up the little guy. I hope everything works out and that you find him a great home.