Sunday, February 19, 2006

Grrr! Argh!

Knitting Olympics - never again. Not like this.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the idea in the beginning and it took a whole lot of resisting before I finally signed up. Very cool, feeling so connected to all those thousands of knitters out there.

But I gotta tell ya - I'm bored and frustrated and have never spent this much of my time/energy/concentration on a project in one week before. I know why I prefer mittens and socks and hats and scarves - they're little. Period. End of sentence. End of thought.

Last night, I discovered another error and I had to rip back five rows. I know - it's only five rows. But five rows on a project that I am loathing right now is too blinking much, okay?!! Okay.

So if I had to do it over again, I would do the Finished Objects Olympics. I could have finished all kinds of things this week. I think I'll refrain from listing them, though, if only to stop me bursting into tears.

Please, please remind me the next time I decide to do a bigger project on a time limit again that I'll hate it, hate it, hate it.

(At this juncture, I would like to apologize to my friends and family who have to listen to me bitch about it. I love you. I owe you. Will socks do?)

Happy Sunday Morning, Olympic Knitters. Only one more week to go. M

No comments: