Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympic Knitting Progress Report

We find equipment and supplies - all the necessities for a successful knitter.

Clockwise from lower left: water glass, stitch guide, pouch of knitting notions, chocolate, hand cream, remote control. In the center is the printed pattern with post-it line guide and pattern-repeat grid, pencil, crochet hook, and stitch marker. Everything to get the knitter through her first day.

The progress:

A full 12 inches for day 1. We may not have another day with this much knitting but to start off this way is very inspiring. She's definitely giving it everything she's got.

Knitter's comments on the challenge so far: Well, Brian, I feel like I have become a better knitter since the last time I attempted this pattern. I'm not perfect yet but I am skilled enough to fix the mistakes before I get more than a row or two away from them. So far it's pattern perfect whether the first time through or on a correction. This is a big improvement over the original start 15 months ago. Now, if I could just be pattern perfect and fast, I might actually get it finished in the 16 days. Right now, I'm not sure that's going to happen but I'm taking one row at a time. I'm just happy to be here and thankful that I have the opportunity to participate.

Happy Olympic Knitting, M

4 comments:

Allena said...

great job! you've trained well you're going to finish with a bang!

eyeleen said...

Looks great! excellent start, I can't wait to see it completed.

Tori said...

Wow! Cozy's looking really good! 12 inches is a great start.

BerryKnitty said...

That looks BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see the finished result.