Tuesday, February 28, 2006

S.O.S.

Second Ornery Sock - new code for frustrating second sock experiences.

My problem? Well, let's see, I had to rip out 5 inches of the leg because, well, er, I forgot that it was supposed to be a 3x1 rib and not straight stocking stitch.

Then? Hmmm, er, I started on the heel, picked up the gusset stitches and then realized that I was about 2 or 3 rows short on the leg, which made the self-striping pattern out by one full stripe by the heel turn. Ripped it out again and added a few more rows.

Not fun but maybe if I wasn't such a perfectionist about this sock, I wouldn't be quite so frustrated. I figure, though, that if I went to all the trouble to do the Knitting Olympics to become a better knitter, then maybe I should strive to maintain that facade ideal.

I did receive some feedback on how to do two socks at once on circs so I think my next pair will attempt the pattern that way. My thinking is that if I do them both at the same time, there's less chance that I'll forget what I'm supposed to be doing on the second sock.

Yeah, that's the idea anyway.

Happy Tuesday, M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

Second socks suck, don't they?

eyeleen said...

SOS! I've got so many around here, I just can't seem to finish them.