Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Northern Life

In case you didn't really understand how far north I live, I thought I'd show you some of the everyday images of my life.

Here's a common way for students to get to school.


This is one of my students shovelling the snow off my deck - for the 3rd time in two weeks.


Valerie is doing a traditional Native craft with a new twist - beading graduation keepsakes.


Megan is embroidering a block for this year's school community quilt during her lunch break.


Yeah, it's a different life but they're still kids and I'm still their teacher. It's a relationship that holds a lot of meaning for all of us no matter where we live.

Hope you're all staying warm! M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

It seems like you have a very close relationship with your students. That's great!

eyeleen said...

It's wonderful that you have such great relationships with your students.

Stay warm!