Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Very Little Knitting

I did manage to get a small amount of knitting done on the weekend. I can't say it was my best but, eh, sometimes life goes that way.

This is a sock out of my own head from Lorna's Laces Bullfrogs and Butterflies in Bittersweet. Yummy-licious colour!


It seems I was in more of a deconstructionist mood as I pulled apart two damaged duvet covers to make an undamaged one and I started eyeing a sweater that could be recycled for socks and mittens and hats and . . .

Happy Tuesday Knitting, M

4 comments:

Tallguy said...

hahahaha -- did I tell you about the time I rescued a sweater from the thrift store and saved the world from seeing it again? It was all intarsia stars, in green red, white, blue..was there more? Oh, have you knitted intarsia? Did you know it's harder to rip out?! hahaha... and there really isn't that much that is useful for anything! That was a mistake. But the sweater is no longer going to frighten small children!

You can find some of the best sock wool in recyled sweaters!

J. said...

ahh spinning, it is a bit of a challenge but from one newish spinner to another I can say that it so worth it i the end. I found my wheel a heck of a lot easier to use than the spindle.

Great socks! Your hats came this week - thanks so much!

Pioggia said...

I love your spining attempts. You're right, having a wheel and not using it is wasteful. I'm glad you kept trying. Me? I keep trying too. And make lumpy, slubby yarn that keeps getting better and better.

BerryKnitty said...

LOVE the color!