Friday, April 14, 2006

Holy Thursday? Good Friday!

I teach in a Catholic community - very Catholic. There's only one church and it's Catholic.

Accordingly, we get Holy Thursday off of work, in addition to Good Friday, like the rest of Canada. Plus, because I teach in Saskatchewan, I also get all of next week off, too. I know. Don't cry. You'll get some time off, too, . . . someday.

Anyway, this is what I've been doing with my time off.

Hung out with my friend, Patricia, and our sewing machines.


Made a baby raggy quilt for one of my students who's baby is due in July.


Made two baby tie blankets for two other of my students who are pregnant and due in July and September.


Made a dpn carrying case. This is my practice one.




Now that I know how the pattern works, I'm going to use some very special fabric and make another one. Because I love my dpn's so very, very much that they need their very own, special case. (Yes, I know it's a sickness. I just don't wish to change it right now.)

Happy Easter Crafting, M

2 comments:

Allena said...

i'm liking your sewing! wonderful!

Pioggia said...

You poor thing, so much time on your hands... I like that you're being so productive.