Thursday, May 04, 2006

See That?


That's what I woke up to yesterday morning. Snow. In May.

Am I crazy to live this far north? You may well ask. But no. This is unusual, even for here. Last week it was plus 25 degrees Celsius. Today we're barely cracking zero.

Crafting has pretty much ground to a halt this week. Graduation preparations, exams to prepare, final lessons to squeeze in, that pesky sleep thing.

Last night we held a bazaar to raise funds for this year's grad trip. Foolishly, I have agreed to drive 12 teenagers to Vancouver, entertain them for a week (that's right, seven whole days AND nights), and then drive them back. Please have the straight jacket ready for my arrival home.

Tonight, I'm meeting with next year's grads and parents to start our fundraising for next year's trip. Foolishly, I have agreed to take 11 teenagers to Paris for six days. Yes, I know. I think I've been dropped on my head recently.

So if you don't hear from me for a few days, it's probably because I'm catatonic. Until next time, happy . . . er . . . you're all still knitting right? Happy Knitting, M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

Hmmm, snow in May. I do hope it gets warmer. I hate long winters.

Dipsy Doodle said...

Hi from Austria! I stumbled upon your blog a while ago and enjoyed/still enjoy so much to read through it - guess it's about time to de-lurk :)
Oops - you sure have quite some quick weather changes over there, one week almost summer-like temps and the next week snow? It's not much different here in the Alps though - I do hope in the meantime your weather has turned to normal again so that you can enjoy some lovely, warm weather! And - happy knitting!
Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog