Thursday, June 08, 2006

Betcha Thought . . . .

I was off in Neverland again.

Ha! I have actually been crafting. Please see the evidence below.

Two more baby blankets for students. That's right, this brings the count up to seven. It's an epidemic around here.

I'm hoping these will be the last ones because, frankly, if I never see another piece of flannel, it will be too soon.

Fortunately these blankets dont take very long because it's been a busy week. Here's what I mean:
- shutting down my classroom for the summer
- yardwork
- fundraising litter pick up at airport with next year's grads
- planning fundraising car wash for Friday
- finalizing details for this year's grad trip to Vancouver in a few days
- dogsitting for friends
- wheeling and dealing for more fundraising opportunities
- etc, etc, etc

Good thing I like to be busy.

In other crafting news, I have started another pair of socks (even though I still haven't finished the last pair) and I've ironed the fabric for the next quilt. I'm hoping to get the cutting done on this quilt before we leave for Vancouver and I'm taking the socks and other knitting with me.

Still don't have grad pictures organized yet and I'm thinking that'll happen some time after I get back. Hope to be home again on the 18th.

Until then, Happy Summer Crafting, M

4 comments:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh, such pretty blankets, I love the happy and cheerful fabric! Sounds like you've been really busy these past days - hopefully you'll get a chance to relax and rest a bit in your vacation, it seems to be well-deserved indeed! Take care!

BerryKnitty said...

Gorgeous blankets!! I hope to quilt someday that well.

Pioggia said...

I believe it's very nice of you to take the time to make blankets for your students considering all the stuff you needed to do. Plus four doggies! Who will take care of them while you are away?

Purl2Together said...

Your quilts are really pretty.