Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's A Bug

Maybe a virus. Whatever it is, it has a firm hold of me. It makes me want to quilt. See.



It doesn't appear to be the same thing that makes me want to knit. That just seems to be so firmly a part of my personality that I couldn't dislodge it, even if I wanted to.

Whatever the cause, I've already started another quilt top because I don't have the backing fabric for this one yet. I'll be getting that tomorrow when I go to Meadow Lake.

I'm off to Ness Creek Music Festival on Thursday for a weekend of camping, good friends, and great music.

While I'm gone, I was hoping I could get some help trying to decide exactly what to do with this:

It's red, lace weight alpaca directly from Peru, sent to me by my friend, Joseph. It's been calling to me lately.

I want to make a lace shawl but have no clue which one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In case I don't get a chance to post again before I leave, I'll be back next week.

Happy Tuesday, M

2 comments:

Susan said...

Stop with the quilt thing already - otherwise I might get that bug again too.

That is one serious amount of beautiful red yarn. Get out your shawl books and I bet you will be hard pressed to pick just one. I am thinking something from Gathering of Lace. Perhaps the Rose of Sharon?

Pioggia said...

How about a circular shawl?