Friday, August 04, 2006

I Love Saskatchewan

This is my home province and it is the coolest place on Earth. It has the loveliest surprises in the most surprising places.

For example, this little Ukranian Orthodox church is just along the side of the road near some small town.

We passed so many, I had to snap a pic to show you at least one!

Below is a pottery house, just off the highway near Moose Mountain Provincial Park.

It's on an old farm and this original farm house holds nothing but the pottery of Gerald Morton. He has built another house and a studio for himself so they don't take up any room in the potter house. It's kind of like a museum only you can buy the most splendid items at extremely reasonable prices.

I bought this teapot, bowl for apples, and cheeseplate (under the bowl), along with a new tea mug and a couple of other things. Most excellent finds!


In crafting, here's the pinky in the quilting process. Next is the applique. Wish me luck!


Hope you all have a very crafty weekend, M

5 comments:

kmckiernan said...

pinky is looking very pretty. Thanks for showing a quilt in progress...I"m very interested in the quilting process but rarely get to see the steps behind it. Very interesting!

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathy said...

Saskatchewan looks gorgeous! I have visited Ontario and Alberta and hope to make it to Saskatchewan someday.

I really like the green jar your kitchen utensils are in, too.

Life's a Stitch said...

My daughter and her husband are moving to Saskatchewan for a year and half. Quite a feat since I understand more people are moving out than in! I hear the ones that stay are exceptionally nice.
Li

Colette said...

I would love to see Saskatchewan - I have been to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, but have always wanted see the rest of the provinces.

Your quilts are lovely - I just picked up a few quilting books - I am beguiled by the process and would love to try my hand at it someday.

I love Beatrice too, though I am partial to Kate. I love smart, clever female charactors.