Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mommy, sniffle, It's Over-r-r-r!

The summer is drawing to a close. Only a couple of days left before I must report for teacher orientation.

I swear I have no idea where the time went. I think it was eaten up by road trips and house hunting. There wasn't nearly enough summer reading, nor knitting, nor quilting, nor sleeping, nor . . . you fill in the blank.

I'm not ready to go back. I need just one more month. Please, another week. An extra few days? (Sniffling into my hanky.)

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job . . .

Happy what? M

3 comments:

BeccaU said...

I hear ya! I go back for my teacher orientation / meetings next week, but forgot about a meeting I need to be at tomorrow! Wah! :( I was planning to go in and set up my classroom, but like on Wednesday not tomorrow!! Good luck and enjoy the remainging bits of vacation!

Pioggia said...

Oh boy, I miss many things about teaching, but not the teacher orientations... though there vere a few good moments. Many of my colleagues flew back to their home countries during the summer and it was interesting to hear what they'd been up to.

Tallguy said...

Oh, you lucky people!! Hahaha... we only get a couple weeks off during the year, and you teachers get TWO months, plus a week at Christmas, and Easter, and all those "conventions"...

Well, I don't miss the school either. Some of the kids, some of the other teachers, but not all the politics, and BS. Now, when I leave work, I leave work. I never have to take home tests for marking, lessons to prepare, marks to record, etc. I have to admire those of you left doing it!

Michelle, what would you do with more time? Just make another quilt? hahaha