Thursday, August 10, 2006

SOLD!!!

Our house is a very, very, very fine house, with four dogs in the yard . . .

The reason why I haven't been blogging a lot this summer, or even crafting as much as I usually do in my time off, is that I have been very consumed by all the things that go into buying a house.

The searching website listings, traipsing through strangers' homes, making offers and counter offers, the house inspections, . . . It's all finally done now and I am the proud owner of this little bungalow.

The subjects were removed today and except for a few more documents to sign for title transfer, etc, it's mine.

This is a very big step for a commitment-phobic person like me. It's the longest commitment I've ever made. It took a lot of brown-bag breathing to get through this whole process.

I take possession October 1st. I'm already planning paint and furniture. And, most importantly, a dog run and a craft room. "Screw the living room sofa, where's the spinning wheel going?"

Happy Nesting, M

5 comments:

Colette said...

Congratulations!

Dani said...

Ohhh how exciting! Congrats to you!!

Im moving at the end of October (to NC fromm NY) so if you want someone to to commisserate on packing woes, Im here =)

The house looks adorable! I hope you will have many happy years there!

-=Dani

Life's a Stitch said...

A big step - congratulation!
Li

SCarrGo said...

Congratulations!!! Just think--you can do whatever you want, to all the space inside those walls. It is a lovely thing...

BerryKnitty said...

CONGRATULATIONS!