Monday, August 21, 2006

View From The River

Friday was our annual teacher fishing trip. Days such as these are an awe-inspiring reminder of why I love living here.

I have often imagined myself living and teaching in Africa, but with landscapes such as these right outside my door, why would I bother?



This is the start of the rapids where all the fish were ready to bite. I caught six myself!

Here's a shot of me filleting fish and getting them ready for dinner. Yum! I love fish.


I have to admit that I felt a bit like the Queen of the Nile.

I had a whole boat and guide to myself, along with a chair to sit on to keep me comfortable. As other boats passed by they got right into my fantasy and pretended to bow to me. Silly!

Have no fear, friends and family. I am not running off to Africa any time soon. No need and no desire at the moment. But never say never!

Happy fishing, M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

Yummy! Though I doubt the queen of the Nile had to fillet her own fish.

Life's a Stitch said...

There's nothing like fish that fresh! Yumm,
Li