Sunday, September 03, 2006

Holy "Insert Profanity Here"

It's been a painful and exhausting two weeks around here. Too much stress. Not enough rest. Thank heaven it's over.

I've been on the couch most of the weekend trying to recover. Fortunately, this means there has been knitting time.

I finally finished these socks from Lorna's Laces Bittersweet yarn. I adore this colourway.


I also discovered that knitting is not only a hobby but a necessity. During the highest stress time, I needed to knit in order to calm down. No. Seriously. It lowered my heart rate.

The result - a pretty, quick-knit scarf.


I've also started a pair of ankle socks out of Lorna's Laces Sock Yarn in Vera.

I'm using Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks Warm Feet patterns. Knitting up nicely and I think I might keep them for myself. It feels yummy just working with it.

Lesson of this day? Knitting is good for you.

Hope you're happy and healthy, M

2 comments:

jacey (insubordiknit) said...

word. heh, I agree, knitting is needed! love the socks, I've been knitting them lately as well.

BerryKnitty said...

Beautiful socks! And I agree that knitting is a necessity!